Our Vision

Through the power of Christ and the method of mentoring relationships see at-risk children provided with a safe and encouraging place within their own community to take hold of true hope and life change in Christ. That these children will then pass along positive change to their future families and communities.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yay, Yay, Yay!

So, maybe I should have something deeper to say than "yay, yay, yay" and maybe I will after the excitment wears down a little - but for now I am just excited and thankful. The Lord has provided a place for me to live at Jordan Loop! As long as I've hoped/waited for something like this, I still feel in some ways very unprepared. However, God's grace is enough. Lord make me faithful to follow and depend on you as a leader in this place. I'm going to be living in a 2 bedroom unit. I am still praying that God will bring along a roomate who can not only live with me, but partner with me in His work over there. I had hoped to get a 3 bedroom unit right next to the community center so that I could use both units as The Peace Place for mentoring children. Because I did not, I will just be living in my uni and running the kids program out of the community center. This is probably God's wisdom and protection in many ways. And if things grow with The Peace Place to where we can't fit in the community center, I know He will provide exactly what we need. I thankful to now be able to really start moving forward with planning and preparing for the fall! Get ready for some frequent updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment